The consumer goods industry is one of the most dynamic on earth. In the last three years, we’ve seen COVID, supply chain disruptions, emerging technologies, and consumer preferences transform the way CPG companies operate. It’s hard to keep track of the everyday changes transforming our industry while maintaining the bigger strategic picture.
Thankfully there’s some help: The Slotting Fee, a free CPG and Retail newsletter that highlights and captures the things you care about.
What you get with a CPG and Retail Newsletter
I gave my first executive sales presentation at 26. It was to the VP of a Fortune 100company. I can assure you that I had no idea what I was doing, which is why I have a healthy skepticism around corporate talking points. The general idea I explore through my writing is, “What is really happening?”
Said another way, I try to break down how American commerce functions in a way that both industry practitioners and the general public can understand.
My analysis focuses on the following:
- How COVID-19 has shaped the strategies of retailers and CPG manufacturers
- How consumer product companies are using analytics to deliver profitability
- How corporate strategy flows into business operations
- How government policy impacts both consumers and corporations
- How the best companies are using specific tactics to deliver record-breaking revenue
- How history impacts commerce today